In my years of roaming the online world, I have had the great fortune to meet myriads of fascinating, inspiriting women – you know, the ones who shake you up, who cheer you on, who support you and tell you “Si se puede.” Through the day-to-day complexities, come rain, hail or high water, these women got your back, thus becoming the “sheroes” and mentors for which you’ve always prayed.
One of these blessed souls I’ve encountered is one Ms. Ananda Leeke, a self-defined “Jill of all trades” and all around sister to so many of us in the digital world. Ananda has just published her latest book, aptly titled “Digital Sisterhood,” a beautiful tribute to her journey to becoming the leader of the online community of the same name – and to the many “sisters” she’s met along the way.
I am extremely humbled and grateful to her for including me as one of her “Empowerista” sisters in her book. It is an honor to be considered part of a true “sisterhood,” a community that recognizes the beautiful, nuanced singularities among us and allows us to explore, nurture and share them with the world. Here’s to you, Ananda, and thanks for showing us the way to living fiercely!
* Ananda will be hosting several on and offline events for the launch of this truly inspiring book. Here’s where to catch her, if you can:
1) Buy Digital Sisterhood: A Memoir of Fierce Living Online on Amazon.com.
2) Participate in her Author Twitter Chat: October 23 @ 9-10:00pm EST – Follow @digitalsisterhd on Twitter. Use the hashtag #digitalsisterhood and Tweetgrid.com, Tweetchat.com, or Hootsuite to participate in the conversation.
2) Listen in to the Digital Sisterhood Radio Author Chat: October 30 @ 9-9:30pm EST – The radio show has a chat room that allows you to ask questions and make comments. The show will provide live tweeting. This means that you can ask questions and make comments on Twitter too. Follow @digitalsisterhd on Twitter. Use the hashtag #digitalsisterhood and Tweetgrid.com, Tweetchat.com, or Hootsuite to participate in the conversation.
3) Watch her Google Hangout Author Chat: November 13 @ 9-9:30 p.m. EST