Men’s Health Week is now over, but our love and concern for the men in our lives is not. As the guests on my Latino Men’s Health Hangout pointed out, as numerous as the barriers our community faces are, sometimes the biggest challenge is simply convincing our men to take care of themselves to begin with. As Jose Plaza put it, “It’s our responsibility as Latinos, to make sure our family gets insured, that our neighbors get insured.”
In the video above, George L. Askew, M.D., from the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Steven Lopez from NCLR and Jose Plaza from Enroll America share many of the resources available specifically for men and families… there are tons! Watch it in full here, and please share with the papis, papás and papacitos in your life!
Here are some of my favorite quotes from the hangout:
The links below are specifically about men during the current special enrollment period and beyond. Thanks so much for watching, come hangout with me again next time!
- Main Healthcare.gov website in English
- Main Healthcare.gov website in Spanish
- Information on Men’s Health Week
Daily steps to be healthier and stronger
- A special Father’s Day message in honor of National Men’s Health Week 2013 from Anton Gunn, Director of External Affairs at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Information about the Special enrollment period
- Get Covered America’s Special Enrollment Period Information In English and Spanish:
- Information on new rules for Medicaid
- Affordable Care Act Information and Resources at NCLR.org