During the first open enrollment period, millions of Americans were able to get covered. With an estimated 25 percent of Latinos ages 19-64 who are still uninsured, it’s time to help our families get informed and educated on the benefits of getting health insurance coverage so they can start enjoying better health outcomes.
This Thursday from 1 pm to 2 pm ET, a group of experts from CuidadoDeSalud.gov, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and other organizations, will be joining me on a bilingual tweet chat to share their viewpoints and recommendations on the topic. We will discuss the health factors affecting Latino communities, how to help our community to take a more active role in managing their health and what resources are available for them to ensure they get health coverage that meets their financial and health needs.
Here are the details:
- TOPIC: Latinos #GetCovered
- DATE: Thursday, Dec. 11, 2014
- TIME: 1-2 p.m. ET / Noon-1 p.m. CT
- WHERE: http://www.tchat.io/rooms/asegurate
- HOST: @ergeekgoddess
- CO-HOSTS: U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (@HHSGov/@HHSLatino), Cuidado de Salud (@Cuidadodesalud), @LULAC, Latinos for Planned Parenthood (@Latinos4PP), National Hispanic Medical Association (@NHMAmd), Latino Commission on AIDS (@LatinoCommAIDS), Enroll America (@EnrollAmerica), the Office of Minority Health (@MinorityHealth) and more organizations TBD
Join us and please share your questions!